Saturday, March 12, 2011

last night


March 11, 2011 9:27pm

I know that I am going to be safe. I absolutely do. But I am so freaked out. We took the bus up into the hill to spend the night at my host grandma’s house because it’s safer up here. To be honest, I heard that the region of Chile that I’m in isn’t even going to be hit by the tsunami, just the north and south. But I’m not scared for me.

I don’t want to wake up in the morning to find out that other people have suffered. I don’t want to take the bus back down the hill to realize it’s a good thing we left. One of my host family’s past exchange students is traveling through the south of Chile right now and we haven’t heard from her yet.  You should see their faces when they ask each other if they have heard from her. I don’t have internet right now so I’ll post this later but I love you all and appreciate you caring enough about me to read this.

And to freak me out even more, the room I’m staying in has the creepiest doll ever staring at me. I’ll post about the Shakira experience when I’m feeling more level headed.

my little sister was nice enough to move this for me
so i didn't have to stare at it all night

Send thoughts and prayers. The one year anniversary of Chile’s earthquake was only two weeks ago and I think they deserve a break.

3 comments:

  1. Craving for pizza? Why not give our all new pizza cones a try? Coneizza is the most loved destination and a popular "Best Pizza Places in Uttam Nagar". We started our glorious journey early this year with an aim to bring a revolutionary change by offering the foodies our special pizza cones that are easy to carry and delight every palate. For delivering a wide range of delicious pizzas, burgers, side meals, and the special super meals, we are counted among the 10 best pizza places in Delhi, Dwarka, Janakpuri, and other nearby locations.lets find:Best Pizza Places in Uttam Nagar.
    Best Pizza Places in Uttam Nagar
    pizza shop in Uttam Nagar
    Top 10 Best Pizza Places in Uttam Nagar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Architectural Animation is an integral part of Infrastructural constructions and real estate sector.you may visit 3D Architectural Rendering Company and It enables people to envisage their dreams in the most impressive manner and helps them observe a 3D view of their real estate investment.
    3D Architectural Rendering Services
    3D Architectural Rendering Company
    3D Architectural Services

    ReplyDelete
  3. With different choices, flavors, toppings, sizes and shapes, this Italian food has the heart of all. Moreover, you do not have to go to the place, with an order of pizza shop near my location, those hot and tasty pizzas will come to your doorsteps and meanwhile, you can enjoy the company of your dear ones.Best Pizza Delivery Near Me
    pizza shop near me
    pizza shop near me
    pizza shop near my location
    Best Pizza Delivery Near Me

    ReplyDelete