Sunday, March 20, 2011

One month down...

My competitiveness managed to stay hidden until this weekend. Field day and a soccer game meant everyone was about to see my not so friendly side.

We went to El Jardin Botanico on Saturday for a picnic which was really nice. It was the first time we really had the chance to meet everyone else's families that we had been hearing all about for the last month. 

my family on the left and Kristen's on the right


The games started out with tug of war and then continued onto three legged races, an egg toss, an egg relay race and finally soccer. My team won the tug of war and was a close second for the egg relay and then we played so many rounds of soccer that it kind of evened out. The whole barefoot situation didn't work out too well as three of us walked away limping but it was so fun!




Today, still slightly limping from a jammed toe, I hobbled around the antique fair (again) with my friends Taylor and Zoe. I arrived a little before them and managed to do a loop around the fair before they got there and bought a Valparaiso license plate and a giant lock. I don't know why but I just liked them. On loop number two with the girls, we stopped by the tent where I bought my license plate and my friend Taylor spotted a folding ruler from the 1940s that caught her interest. She asked the man how much it cost and he said it was normally 5,000 pesos but because she was with me, she could have it for 4,000. 

Being buddies with a man that sells antiques. Cool. Being buddies with the Chilean man who sells antiques. I love my life.


3 comments:

  1. Craving for pizza? Why not give our all new pizza cones a try? Coneizza is the most loved destination and a popular "Best Pizza Places in Uttam Nagar". We started our glorious journey early this year with an aim to bring a revolutionary change by offering the foodies our special pizza cones that are easy to carry and delight every palate. For delivering a wide range of delicious pizzas, burgers, side meals, and the special super meals, we are counted among the 10 best pizza places in Delhi, Dwarka, Janakpuri, and other nearby locations.lets find:Best Pizza Places in Uttam Nagar.
    Best Pizza Places in Uttam Nagar
    pizza shop in Uttam Nagar
    Top 10 Best Pizza Places in Uttam Nagar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Architectural Animation is an integral part of Infrastructural constructions and real estate sector.you may visit 3D Architectural Rendering Company and It enables people to envisage their dreams in the most impressive manner and helps them observe a 3D view of their real estate investment.
    3D Architectural Rendering Services
    3D Architectural Rendering Company
    3D Architectural Services

    ReplyDelete
  3. With different choices, flavors, toppings, sizes and shapes, this Italian food has the heart of all. Moreover, you do not have to go to the place, with an order of pizza shop near my location, those hot and tasty pizzas will come to your doorsteps and meanwhile, you can enjoy the company of your dear ones.Best Pizza Delivery Near Me
    pizza shop near me
    pizza shop near me
    pizza shop near my location
    Best Pizza Delivery Near Me

    ReplyDelete